OTRIVINE ANTISTIN ALLERGY EYE DROPS (10ML)
Otrivine Antistin Eye Drops are used to relieve the redness and itching of eyes due to allergies such as hay fever or house dust mites. Containing two ingredients, Xylometazoline is a decongestant and Antazoline is an anti-allergic.
How to Use:
- Adults and children over 12 years: 1 or 2 drops instilled 2 – 3 times a day.
- Children:Otrivine-Antistin is not recommended for use in children younger than 12 years of age.
- Elderly: One drop instilled 2 to 3 times a day.
- Otrivine Antistin Eye Drops should not be used for more than seven consecutive days.
- The dispenser remains sterile until the original closure is broken.
- Avoid allowing the tip of the dispensing container to contact the eye or surrounding structures as this may contaminate the solution.
- Like other topically applied ophthalmic drugs, Otrivine-Antistin may be absorbed systemically and occasionally cause systemic sympathomimetic effects such as hypertension, nervousness, nausea, dizziness, headache, insomnia, palpitation, tachycardia, and arrhythmia.
- Otrivine-Antistin should be used with caution in elderly patients with severe cardiovascular disease, including arrhythmia, poorly controlled hypertension, or diabetes.
- Use with caution in the presence of hypertension, cardiac irregularities, hyperthyroidism diabetes or phaeochromocytomas.
- Otrivine-Antistin should also be used with caution in patients with conditions causing urinary retention such as prostatic hypertrophy and should also be used in caution in patients who are currently receiving other sympathomimetic drugs
- Not suitable for patients suffering from dry eyes without first seeking medical advice. Rebound hyperaemia may follow prolonged frequent use. Otrivine-Antistin should not be used without supervision over a long period of time.
- If the symptoms do not improve after 2 days, medical advice should be sought to rule out the possibility of a bacterial infection. Inflammation arising from infection should receive appropriate anti-bacterial therapy.