Flight Socks Black – Medicare
- Medically approved aid for the prevention of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) on long haul flights/train/bus/car journeys
- Blood circulation is aided through the graduated sock supporting veins from the ankle to the top of the calf
- Help to reduce any build up of excess fluid and give relief to tired feet
- Suitable for men and women
- Socks can be hand washed at 40ºC and dried flat
- An average ankle compression rating of 14–18mmHg
- Elastic flight socks or compression stockings will help prevent swelling in your lower legs. This is particularly important if you have varicose veins.
- Ideal for all journeys, these Flight Socks help to prevent swollen ankles and tired, aching feet. The flight socks provide a graduated compression and are endorsed by vascular specialists as a proven aid to circulation.
- Flight Socks reduce the risks associated with long-haul flights.
- Why wear flight socks?
- Legs are prone to swelling on long haul flights, partially due to the cabin pressure and sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
- By wearing flight socks, blood circulation is aided through the graduated sock supporting veins from ankle to the top of the calf.
- In addition to this, they help to reduce the build-up of excess fluid.
Deep Vein Thrombosis:
- Flight Socks help to prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in flight.
- Research has shown that 1 in 30 passengers on a long-haul flight are at risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- The use of flight socks can improve circulation, relieving discomfort and helping to prevent circulatory problems such as Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- Your ankle has little muscle in it and requires more stimulus than your calf to speed up circulation.
- The knee length socks provide graduated compression to stimulate blood flow.