OptiBac – For those on Antibiotics (10)
- Take during and after your antibiotics.
- Anyone, aged 1 year and over, taking a typical course of antibiotics.
- Each capsule provides 4 billion livecultures from OptiBac, guaranteed until end of expiry.
- The strains of natural bacteria in this supplement are especially selected for their suitability and safety.
- Contains two high quality strains of natural bacteria
- Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52 is a natural resident of the intestinal microflora; this specific strain from OptiBac has been well studied to survive gastric acidity and bile salts expected at mealtimes and to reach the intestines without damage.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11 is a natural component of the friendly bacteria in the intestines; this species is one of the most studied in the world of live cultures. L. rhamnosusRosell-11 has been proven to resist bile and gastric acidity over pH 3 – therefore if taken at mealtimes (when pH is around 4), it will pass through the stomach without being damaged.
- These two strains have been extremely well-researched, and are scientifically proven to survive to reach the gut alive, even during a course of antibiotics.
- Antibiotics do not distinguish between friendly and harmful bacteria and are therefore thought to kill off much of the natural bacteria in the gut; this may often lead to side effects.