NUTRAMIGEN PURAMINO HYPOALLERGENIC FORMULA (400G)
EXPIRY: 1st February 2019
Management of severe CMA and multiple food allergies
Nutramigen PURAMINO (previously known as Nutramigen AA) is an amino acid-based formula (AAF) for babies with severe CMA and multiple food allergies. Nutramigen PURAMINO is nutritionally complete for babies up to 6 months of age and can be used as a part of a mixed diet from 6 months onwards.
An AAF such as Nutramigen PURAMINO is recommended for infants with:1,2
- Severe cow’s milk allergy
- Multiple food allergies
- Those who have not responded to an eHF
- Other indications requiring an elemental diet
Clinically proven efficacy
- Effective management of CMA symptoms
- Proven to be well accepted
- Excellent nutritional profile
- Contains 0.3% DHA of total fatty acids, the level approved by the EFSA for normal visual development until 12 months (with an intake of 100 mg DHA per day)
33% MCT oil to facilitate with the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients
Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) are a fat source derived from palm kernel and coconut oils. They are digested and absorbed faster and more easily than long chain fatty acids.
The MCTs in Nutramigen PURAMINO will therefore improve the availability of nutrients and energy for infants with severe cow’s milk allergy in conjunction with poor digestion of standard fats, such as those with severe enteropathies that result in maldigestion and malabsorption.
Certified halal and kosher
All the ingredients of Nutramigen PURAMINO and the manufacturing process meet the requirements to be certified kosher and halal. The certifications come from two internationally recognised bodies: the Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA) and the Orthodox Union.