NEOCATE LCP BABY FORMULA (400G)
A nutritionally complete amino acid-based powdered infant formula, with long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LC PUFAs), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (ARA).
- Milk Protein Free
Indications and Prescribability
- For the dietary management of infants with Cow Milk Allergy, Multiple Food Protein Intolerance and other conditions where an elemental diet is recommended.
- A food for special medical purposes.
- Important Notice: Powdered infant formula is not sterile. Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding.
- The quantity of feed and the dilution should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the infant.
Preparation & Administration
THE HEALTH OF YOUR INFANT DEPENDS ON CAREFULLY FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS FOR PREPARATION AND USE. INCORRECT PREPARATION CAN MAKE YOUR BABY ILL.
Each level scoop (4.6g) of Neocate LCP requires 30ml (approx. 1 fl. oz) of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (13.8%).
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean preparation area. Sterilise bottles and teats.
- Boil fresh water for 5 minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist. Pour the required amount of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Fill the scoop provided with Neocate LCP and level off with a clean, dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop. Only use the scoop provided.
- Add the prescribed number of scoops of Neocate LCP to the water. Replace the cap on the bottle and shake until the powder dissolves. Before feeding, ensure that the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist.
- Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Formula must not be re-warmed during feeding.
Store in a cool, dry place. Once tin is opened, use within one month.