NEILMED NASPIRA NASAL ASPIRATOR (1)
The NeilMed Naspira Nasal-Oral Aspirator (NOA) is the world’s most uniquely designed system, where several important safety, quality and efficacy features are combined. With our unique 2-in-1 design, you can either use it as a NeilMed® NasaBulb aspirator or as an effective Nasal-Oral suction device where parents can use suction force generated by the mouth similar to sucking through a straw. By using the NeilMed Naspira NOA, you can quickly remove nasal mucus safely and effectively by creating a negative airflow of 5 to 10 litres or more per minute plus longer duration of suction, as opposed to simply using a bulb aspirator where the suction duration is less than half a second. In addition, the NeilMed Naspira NOA features in-line disposable filters to protect the parent from contact with mucus. The one-way valve prevents a large volume of accidental air from the parent’s mouth from blowing into the baby’s nose and prevents pushing down of the mucus.
- Transparent design.
- Safe for babies & toddlers
- Included 7 in-line disposable filters to reduce contamination risk
- Components pull apart for easy cleaning
- 2-in-1 design allows for use as both a bulb and an aspirator
- Lifetime warranty
- Made of high-grade silicone
- Dishwasher safe (excluding disposable filters)
- Tip is made of silicone and is very soft to the touch.
- One-way valve prevents air from the parent’s mouth from entering the baby’s nose.
- Disposable filter will prevent liquid or mucus from entering the parent’s mouth.
- The transparent design allows for easy inspection of the components.
- The transparent design reduces the amount of fungal growth found in opaque bulb aspirators.
- The suction tip, clear plastic coupler, bulb, tubing and mouthpiece can be sterilized by first cleaning them with liquid dishwashing detergent soap and water, followed by placing cleaned device parts in boiling water for five minutes or by using a microwave disinfection protocol as provided in the cleaning and sterilizing instructions.
- The tip is sized so that it will not enter the baby’s nasal cavities and cause injury.
Directions for use
- Hold the baby in an upright to semi-upright position, well secured in your arms, and be sure that the baby is comfortable.
- Place the tip of the bulb into the baby’s nostril and suck very gently through the mouthpiece, as if you are drinking a liquid from a straw. If needed, you can always use more suction force. The mouthpiece is a one-way valve and will not allow you to blow into the baby’s nose.
- A pre-treatment with a few drops of saline solution or saline spray in each nostril may help loosen thick mucus before using the NeilMed® Naspira® Nasal-Oral Aspirator (NOA). Mucus from the baby’s nostrils will come out very easily and transfer mainly to the tip, and if excessive, into the bulbous area during suctioning.
- Repeat the previous steps in the same and/or the other nostril as necessary.
- Please follow the cleaning and disinfection protocol for the safety of yourself and your baby.
- Change filter if it is soiled with secretions or after the acute infection is over or every week during use.
Note: While the Naspira NOA is dishwasher safe, a dishwasher will not adequately clean the inside of the Naspira® components. The water jets in dishwashers cannot enter the narrow parts of the Naspira components, and portions of the interior will not be cleaned thoroughly.
Please read the warning prior to use. If you are using it for the first time, please make sure that you have assembled it properly as shown in the diagram and all the parts are intact and clean.