LYCLEAR 5% DERMAL CREAM PERMETHRIN (30G)
Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream is used in the treatment of scabies and crab lice infections. Lyclear Cream contains permethrin 5% w/w.
Directions for use:
- Ensure the skin is clean, dry and cool.
- If you take a warm bath prior to treatment, the skin should be allowed to cool before the cream is applied.
- Carefully apply a thin layer of the cream to the skin.
- The cream rubs easily into the skin. It is not necessary to apply more cream until you can see it on the surface.
- Usually a single application clears the infection. If you are in doubt about the success of treatment, consult your doctor.
This product is for use in adults, children and babies over 2 months.
Pregnancy & breastfeeding:
If you are pregnant and when you are breastfeeding, please speak to your doctor before using this medication.
Common Side effects:
Itching (pruritus), reddening of the skin or unusual sensations on the skin (paraesthesia) such as tingling, prickling, skin burning sensation as well as dry skin are common. However, such symptoms can also occur as a result of the disease itself. Moisturisers and bath oils are recommended as follow up treatment for dry skin. The itching and a skin rash (post-scabies eczema) may persist for up to 4 weeks after the end of treatment. This is caused by a reaction to the killed scabies mites.