MICROLAX RECTAL SOLUTION ENEMA (4)
MICROLAX works quickly to relieve constipation in 5 – 15 minutes, it is hygienic and discreet to use. The active ingredients, sodium citrate and sodium lauryl sulfoacetate help to release water into the bowel, which softens the stool. The mini-enema has a gel-like consistency which acts locally and has no effect on bowel activity. Very few side effects have been reported and it has a good safety profile.
Who can use Microlax Rectal Solution?
Microlax can be used by adults, children and infants (Infants under medical supervision)
How to use Microlax Rectal Solution?
- Adults and children over 3 years:
- Twist the seal of the nozzle.
- Squeeze the tube slightly so that a drop of Microlax smears the tip and thus makes insertion easier.
- Insert the nozzle fully into the rectum (only halfway for infants)
- Squeeze out the contents fully by squeezing the shoulder of the tube.
- Withdraw the nozzle, still squeezing tightly.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding:
If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant or breast feeding consult your doctor before purchasing or using Microlax.
Common side effects:
Some common side effects include diarrhoea, abdominal cramps or pain