ARMOLIPID TABLETS (30)
Armolipid has proven efficacy in lowering Total Cholesterol, LDL –C and Triglycerides. 1-4
Armolipid should be taken once a day and does not require a prescription. It is available in pharmacies across Ireland and is recommended to be taken in combination with a healthy lifestyle and diet.
The majority of cardiovascular disease is caused by risk factors that can be controlled, treated or modified. These risk factors include: high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, overweight/obesity, smoking, lack of physical activity and diabetes. 5
Armolipid reduces cholesterol by the action of the following ingredients: 4
Red Yeast Rice – includes monacolins which are known to reduce plasma cholesterol.
A guide to healthy cholesterol levels is outlined in the table below; 6
Measurements in table above are mmol/L
- Armolipid Product Information Insert.
- Pirro M et al. PharmaNutrition 2013 1, 73-77.
- Marazzi G et al. Long-Term Effects of Nutraceuticals (Berberine, Red Yeast Rice, Policosanol) in Elderly Hypercholesterolemic Patients. Adv Ther 2011; 28 (12): 1105-13.
- Trimarco B et al. Clinical evidence of efficacy of red yeast rice and berberine in a large controlled study versus diet. Med J Nutrition Metab. 2011 Aug;4(2): 133–139.
- Data on file.
- The Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute.