Ametop Anaesthetic Gel – Numbing Gel
It is often used to prevent pain during tattooing or certain beauty treatments by numbing an area of skin.
Ametop is stored in a refrigerator in the pharmacy but can be stored at room temperature for up to one month. It should be used within one month of ordering.
- Always read the leaflet/packaging before use
- Apply to affected area for instant pain relief.
- It should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women and babies.
- Special care should be taken by Epileptic patients.
- The gel should not be applied to wounds, broken skin, on the lips, mouth, tongue, eyes, ears, anal, or genital area.
- The maximum cumulative dose in a 24 hour period should not exceed 7 tubes for adults and 2 tubes for children.
- 4% w/w of tetracaine
- purified water
- sodium chloride
- potassium phosphate
- xanthan gum (E415)
- sodium hydroxide
- sodium methyl and propyl-p-hydroxybenzoates (E217 & E219).