Optibac Sachets for Babies & Children
- A natural supplement from OptiBac, for infants and children.
- For infants & children from birth to 12 years, and for pregnant & breastfeeding women.
Each sachet contains:
- 3 billion live cultures + 0.75g of FOS fibres, guaranteed until end of expiry.
For babies & children
- The types of natural bacteria that reside in an infant’s or child’s intestines are very different from the types found in adulthood. Bifidobacterium infantis and Bifidobacterium bifidum are the dominant and most important beneficial cultures found in healthy infants and children during their early years; this product contains both of these bacteria, in strains which have been tested to survive stomach acidity and bile salts.
- This supplement contains a third type of natural bacteria, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, which has been scientifically shown to survive stomach acidity and to reach the gut alive.
- At OptiBac we appreciate the importance of using various species and strains of natural bacteria – these three strains will target different areas of the gut as opposed to just one. Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), makes this product naturally high in fibre.
- Having an imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the gut is thought, by some, to be related to digestion and immunity for infants and children, in particular in: formula-fed babies, babies and children on antibiotics, babies delivered be Caesarean section, children with regular colds and flus, and babies & children with digestive problems such as colic, diarrhoea, constipation and lactose intolerance, as well as those with allergies and skin irritations such as eczema.
- The product is enclosed in a 3 layer laminated sachet for maximum protection against heat and humidity.
- This product has been clinically trialled. Healthcare professionals can see Scientific Research on OptiBac For babies & children, or find out more about our strains.
- At OptiBac we specialise entirely in friendly bacteria, and only use strains of the highest quality, with extensive research behind them.
- Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33
- Pregnant and nursing mothers can take ‘For babies & children’ (formerly called ‘For your child’s health’) during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- At the time of birth, a mother passes her natural bacteria to the baby during the birthing process. As the baby passes through the birth canal, it ‘swallows’ bacteria from the mother, and this is thought to act as a natural booster for the child’s immunity and general wellbeing. Pregnant women expecting a Cesearean birth may safely take OptiBac ‘For babies & children’ during pregnancy.
- Following birth, the infant’s microflora is influenced by diet (breast milk or formula), environment, and medicines such as antibiotics. The natural development of Bifidobacteria in infants is favoured by breast-feeding; studies have found higher concentrations of Bifidobacterium infantis and Bifidobacterium bifidum in breast-fed infants as opposed to babies bottle-fed with formulas. Many nursing mothers take ‘For babies & children’ while breastfeeding.