OMRON M2 BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR – UPPER ARM
- The Omron M2 Basic is a fully automatic digital upper arm blood pressure monitor which provides an easy way to check for hypertension.
- Easy to read wide angle display
- Smooth and fast measurements
- Loaded with Intellisense™ features that ensure accuracy and comfort every time.
- An excellent choice for home use
- The last recording is stored within a memory feature
- Requires 4 x AA batteries (Not Included)
- Cuff size CM2 – 22 – 32cm
The new Omron M2 Upper Arm Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor will measure your systolic and diastolic blood pressure as well as your heart rate. This easy to use home monitor uses a comfortable upper arm cuff and all your results can be conveniently read in the LCD panel at the front of the monitor.
Why is it useful to measure blood pressure at home?
To get a proper idea of your real blood pressure, your doctor will find it important that you get readings of blood pressure over a period of time and during different times of the day. So, when is the best time of day to take your blood pressure? Doctors generally recommend following the ‘rule of 3’:
♦ 3 times in a row (@ 3-5 minute intervals) ♦ 3 times a day for ♦ 3 days
Because individual blood pressures vary greatly, it’s really important that you follow your doctor’s instructions when measuring & recording your blood pressure.
Normally your blood pressure will rise while at work (exertion) and will be at its lowest during a sleep period. It is better to avoid measuring your blood pressure when you’re under stress, have consumed caffeine or used a tobacco product in the past 30 minutes, or have recently exercised. So, taking your blood pressure is best done after you rest for at least 5 minutes.
Recommendation from the Irish Heart Foundation: If you are over the age of 30, you should have your blood pressure checked at least every five years.
Get an accurate picture of your heart’s health