GYNO-PEVARYL ONCE 150MG VAGINAL PESSARY ECONAZOLE (1)
Gyno-Pevaryl Once is a solid, torpedo-shaped pessary (vaginal suppository). When inserted into the vagina it releases a medicine called econazole nitrate. This belongs to a group of medicines called ‘antifungals’. Gyno-Pevaryl Once is used for infections of the vagina and the skin around the vagina. The infections are caused by fungi and yeasts such as thrush (Candida).
Do not use Gyno-Pevaryl Once if:
- You are allergic to econazole nitrate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6)
- You are allergic to any other medicine used to treat thrush or other fungal infections
- You are under 16 years old
Do not use this medicine if any of the above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Gyno-Pevaryl Once.
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Gyno-Pevaryl Once if:
- You are using any other treatment for your vagina
- You are using a ‘barrier’ method of contraception. This includes condoms or diaphragms. This is because Gyno-Pevaryl Once can damage the rubber and stop them working properly
- You are using a spermicidal contraceptive
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine. You may still be able to use Gyno-Pevaryl Once if your doctor thinks you need to.