CAVILON DURABLE BARRIER CREAM (92G)
Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream provides unique, long-lasting protection from bodily fluids whilst moisturising the skin. It is recommended to prevent skin breakdown on intact skin, and its highly concentrated formula means a little goes a long way.
What is Cavilon Cream for?
- As a barrier against irritation from body fluids
- Prevention of skin damage associated with incontinence
- As a moisturiser for severely dry or chapped skin
- Highly concentrated so a little goes a long way (apply in pea-sized amounts only)
- Proven to reduce incontinence dermatitis and reduce incidence of broken skin when used as part of a sacral skin care protocol
- Non–petrolatum based so will not clog or reduce the absorbency of incontinence pad linings
- Wash-off resistant – no need for application every wash
- Does not decrease tape or dressing adhesion – allows tapes to stick
- Hypoallergenic and pH balanced
- Apply sparingly. If the after-feel is oily, you have applied too much
- Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream may increase the adherence of some adhesive products. Persons with fragile skin should avoid using the cream under all adhesive products
- Not to be used on infected areas of the skin – for example fungal infections
Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream protects intact or at ‘at-risk’ or injured skin against bodily fluids such as urine and faeces, and is ideal to prevent skin breakdown in incontinent patients. It is also an effective moisturiser for severely dry skin. It can be used in conjunction with moisture retentive adhesive dressings that promote healing, such as transparent film and hydrocolloids.